Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Well Then

Here it is, my first blog. It has been an odd sort of journey to reach this spot, this decision of creating a blog. As I tried to decide whether or not to blog, I was also thinking about all the things that I would "blog" about, and began to plot my assault on the blogging world; during the planning phase, I figured that I could go two routes: I could give a long and exhausting background of all my history, detailing even the most minute details of my childhood, and progressing upwards until this very moment in time. The other route I was considering would involve simply plunging you, the hapless reader, directly into the center of my life and let you figure everything out as I go along.

Being who I was created to be, I think that I shall opt for Option 2. Sorry.

I suppose that even if I do not give you an exhaustive history, I ought to at least explain the title of my blog. Psalm 45:1 reads: "My heart is overflowing with a good theme; I recite my composition concerning the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer."

My heart and my mind belongs to Another, One Who transcends the very fabric of this created sphere that we yet live upon. He is above our ways, His thoughts are above our thoughts, His mind is above our mind; with but a word He spoke time into being, and He fashioned you and He fashioned me. How can my heart not overflow? How can my compositions not concern the King? He gave me the tongue of a ready writer; I pray that my mind and my fingers are used for no other reason than to glorify the King who is worthy.

That, then, is why I have chosen 45:1 for the title of my Blog. During the course of our journey together, reader, I am sure that we shall cover quite a bit of territory. Do not expect to see perfection out of me, for that which I once was still has a tendency to raise his ugly head and lead a rebellion against the King. Surprisingly, I'm looking forward to this. I hope to see more of you around here, and I hope that you will come to enjoy my nonsensical style of writing, and the things that are put onto my heart and onto my mind.

No comments:

And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda